An Amazon Recommendation for You: "Decapitation"



Stunning! Yesterday, Amazon contacted me and said:

Hello Claude Forthomme, 

Based on your recent activity, we thought you might be interested in this.
They recommended a book to me...My own book! Yes, it's not a joke. It's my own work, the latest one, just published, a novella (think of it as a short novel - just 50 pages, a great read when you wait for the dentist or stand in line at the Post Office!)  Hilarious.

It's set in the future but in some ways it's a #MeToo book. The sub-title tells it all: When the woman is the risk-taker and the man stays home. The woman protagonist in my novella is not afraid, she takes the big jump, he doesn't.

The premise is a little dark, though, yet so totally logical. Imagine that by the end of this century Earth is devastated, we need to colonize another planet. What is the best, most economic and efficient way of doing this? Simple, send only people's heads (with their brains), leave the bodies behind, they take unnecessary space in a space ship!

Pack spaceships with chopped-off heads! You can always clone new bodies for the colonizers once they've arrived, bodies of their own choosing! Our techno-future is wonderful and the woman embraces it, she gets her head chopped off!

So this is the story told from the viewpoint of the one left behind, her companion who didn't want anyone to decapitate him...

I told you, it's all very logical. My brand of black humor...Take a look at what Amazon sent me in my email box (I took screenshots), as if I didn't know anything about this book (!):


And then, if you click Learn more,  it takes you to my book page where you can buy it, but before you can do that, an image pops up and this is what you see on that pop-up:


Yes, very convenient, if you've signed up for Kindle Unlimited you can read it for free! Though, quite frankly, the digital version doesn't cost much, just $2.99...

But if you prefer to read real, printed books that smell of paper, well, you can get the paperback, it's available too, just out  and this is what it looks like on my Amazon book page (click here to see it online):



I must say, kudos to Amazon. They're damned good at marketing!

But if you're the sort of person who likes to wander in bookstores (like me) and to see up close the book cover and the back page, here they are:


Nice? Interested? If you are, it's simple:

To get the digital version: click here

To get the paperback: click here

Happy Decapitation! Let me know what you think, I'd love to hear from you guys!

Comments