A Cool Picture: Should We Worry About it?

Back from my vacation, back to work on my book about our future, Forever Young, set 200 years from now...My research on climate change brought me to this beautiful picture (source: Ian Joughin, University of Washington):


Cool...You can read more about it here on Deutsche Welle.

As explained there, 20 years of satellite monitoring end the confusion - yes, it's certain now, climate warming is with us and Greenland is melting fastest...Climate reporting claiming otherwise is simply shoddy reporting (see the UK Guardian article by Dana Nuccitelli, click here).

Wondering where I disappeared to? Amsterdam! I took lots of pictures, here's my favorite:


The Venice of the North...If sea level rises by seven meters (as in the worst-case scenario) I wonder how our Dutch friends will manage...






Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments