That's my prediction: boomer literature will be the Big Discovery of 2013, as the publishing industry, and not just Hollywood, realize there is a market out there of 78 million boomers in the US alone and many more in the rest of the world. What the boomers did for YA (Young Adult) literature 40 years ago, they will now do for BB lit. History repeats itself!
Merry Boomer Christmas!
For news about boomer lit around the Net, including articles and posts on the Passive Voice, Boomer Café, Digital Book Today, the Kindle Nation Daily, Venture Galleries and more, check here
For great Christmas gifts for the boomer in your life, check the bookshelf of the Goodreads Group discussing BB novels here, there are some 40 BB titles, see here.
Or go to the thread in the Amazon Kindle fora, here.
For the next great boomer film, QUARTET, featuring Maggie Smith, Billy Connolly, Michael Gambon and directed by Dustin Hoffman, check here. In the movie trailer you'll see the setting, it's just amazing! Look here:
It's coming up in January 2013, don't miss it!
Yes, boomer films and boomer lit have arrived! And it's not just about BB novels: there are BB short stories, BB poetry and, why not, BB non-fiction...
2013 will also be the year of Readers! Just look at this picture I took yesterday in Rome in my neighborhood bookstore:
These are people queuing up to pay! Such a long line, much longer than any you see in other stores in the area - we're in a deep recession in Italy, people aren't buying anything but they're buying books! Whoever said that Italians don't read...And whoever said that women read more than men? Just look at the number of men in that line...
Have a Successful and Happy 2013!
2013 Will Be The Year of Baby Boomer Novels, Merry Boomer Christmas!
Labels: Amazon Kindle , Baby Boomer , Boomer Literature , Christmas , Dustin Hoffman , Hollywood , Maggie Smith , Quartet
Two lifelong passions: writing fiction and painting. One serious job: economist specialized in humanitarian and development aid. One hobby: cooking.
Work: 25 years with United Nations - ended career as FAO Director for Europe/Central Asia. Before that: banking, editing, free-lance journalism, college teaching, marketing, and always writing and painting.
Published in English (digitally on all platforms, including Amazon, see author page; printed books from CreateSpace):
- Science fiction/Climate Fiction: Forever Young, a climate fiction novel serialized in 4 parts, now omnibus edition is out on KDP Select
- Romance/ Boomer Lit: Crimson Clouds
- Cross genre (historical, paranormal, thriller): Luna Rising
- Short stories: Death on Facebook, Short Stories for the Digital Age (2011)
- Poetry: contributed to "Freeze Frame", anthology edited by Oscar Sparrow (2012)
- Non fiction: "The Development Dilemma", an essay on development aid (1990 - out of print);
Published in Italian (with Italian publishing houses - out of print)
- an award-winning children's book: "Le Avventure di Gwendolina e Casimiro" (1991)
- Historical/paranormal romance: "Un Amore Dimenticato", the precursor of "Luna Rising" (2007)
Painting: member of Artistes Indépendants (Paris); 15 shows including 2 personal shows (Paris and Rome )
Blogging at http://claudenougat.