Participate in an Italian Art Competition, the "Premio Celeste", Open to the Whole World!

You don't need to be Italian to participate in this art competition and you don't need to be a painter either, you can be a sculptor, a photographer, anything you like provided it's contemporary! I happen to be a figurative painter (besides being a writer of course) and I've just decided to participate with one of my oil paintings.

Here it is, it's called OVER THE EDGE:


Cool, isn't it? Especially in this hot weather...all that nice fluffy snow! I've just finished writing a novella by that title and I plan to use this painting for the book cover (when I get around to publishing it!) What do you think of it? If you're holding your breath and wondering how this guy is going to land, well, I'm wondering too! Actually, that's the whole point of the painting...

And yes, the novella OVER THE EDGE, is full of suspense too, it's set in the future, two hundred years from now, when medical advances have solved the problem of aging and you live your whole life looking young until the moment you drop dead...But is that a blessing when the man you love doesn't know how old you are? And here in this painting is the man she loves, a young athletic skier engaged in a magnificent jump while she is...122 years old and just a few hours from Death!

Here's the link to the Premio Celeste - if you want to participate, hurry up, inscriptions will be closed by midnight August 8!

Condividi il tuo lavoro - Premio Celeste
Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Caleb Pirtle said…
I love your painting. I knew you were a great writer but had no idea you were such an accomplished artist. I am impressed and awed by your talent. And I can't wait for the new novel to make its appearance.
Thanks Caleb for your wonderful, warm words! I don't think I'm an "accomplished artist", not by a very long shot! I try hard, I enjoy doing it, especially the painting, I find it very relaxing, more relaxing than writing. And also, in some ways, more satisfying: it's a weird kind of pleasure, immediate and whole and visual.It's all there in all its details. And there you have it, all at one go. Whereas your writing piece is like a walk in the woods, you have to walk and walk (I mean read) and then you get to that view - maybe it's beautiful and gives you strong emotions but you've had to work to get there! So when you finally reach the end of it, it's a long, drawn out experience, it starts small then culminates in the ending - the total reverse from a painting which presents you with everything all at once!
Hey maybe I should blog about the difference between writing and painting!!
MagdaOlchawska said…
I love it :) I hope you will win . Hugs,

PS. I think you are both accomplished artist & writer.
Oh, Magda, thanks!So happy you like my ski jump!